W W W W World Wide Web Witness Inc. Home Page What is New
WAKE UP WORLD!
YOUR CREATOR IS COMING...
The object of this latest work
is apparent from the title.
The first bears the title of the volume:
Wake up world! Your Creator is coming...
GOING UP ? There's a War On...
The Corruption of Protestant Britain:
Arise, Sir Europe?
New Viewing Arrangements for
the Corpse of Naturalism
The Pine Logging Excursion
Worries, Hurries, Flurries, Scurries and Reality
of the Universe,
and the Originalities of Gould
Wake Up World! Your Creator is
Concentrates on Impending Events, with a Correlative Stress on Original World Events: Creation and Consummation Paired.
THE TIME TO BE TIMELESS
ETERNITY IS THE AUTHOR OF TIME
AND NOW IS THE TIME TO FIND HIM
THE WORTH OF
Australian Surfing World, May/June 1999, p. 73
WAKE UP, WORLD!
YOUR CREATOR IS COMING…
Rev. Dr. Robert E. Donaldson
Published by WORLD WIDE WEB WITNESS
ISBN 0 9577461 7 2
This volume is concerned with the
1) end of the Age
2) end of the casual carelessness of churches which chomp on the word of God, or romp in it, rather than paying it attention, as the objectively inspired word of the God who is over all, Commander of His Church army, and is not disposed to play with words, or to write them in some contrived fashion in which the main meaning is to be understood to be available only on suppression of what appears.
3) the danger of the end of freedoms as we have known them in this land, in dangerously short order, whether through civilised, bureaucratic intolerance, which alleges ANYTHING as a ground, on account of the sensitivity of this or the delicacy of that, for suppression free speech, new ventures in secular republicanism or new substitutions of human desire for divine design and direction.
4) the imminence of the return of the Lord Jesus Christ, with the landing schedule, from prophecy, virtually appearing on the TV airport camera, to allow an image, advising to be ready!
5) the eminence of the opportunity to receive Him, even now, and FOLLOW HIM, as His word specifies no less than to provide the gospel of grace, in the Great Commission of Matthew 28:20: PREACHING the Gospel and TEACHING the word, but even more than that is written. The teaching commanded by the Lord is to incorporate THIS: that they obey all things whatever Christ has commanded. It is not some Pope, or prelate, some political pundit or religious guru who is to be the first, or the most accessible (I John 2:22), nor it is oneself either (Luke 14:26); far from it.
There is NO OTHER NAME for man, by which to be saved, and that means … NONE! (Acts 4:11-12). There is to be no competition and no addition: THIS name is above every name (Philippians 2:9ff.) and in all creation, always will be (Ephesians 1:21-23, 1:10).
6) the necessity of courage, character and constancy in the face of charlatans, who abound like the waves of the sea, as predicted in II Peter 2 and II Timothy 3, with Matthew 24.
This is no time to lie back in the comfort of business class flight and ponder the nature of things, playing with philosophy and accepting (graciously) comfort from 'religion'. Now is the time to give a reason for the faith, and to show a faith with a reason, the reason for the believer, having come, being the love of Christ.
7) the need
for that combination of LOVE and TRUTH, GRACE and GRIT which neither ignores
any teaching, nor leaps any barriers, set in love by Christ, no, nor any
discipline of His word, but
exhibits faith working by love. It is not love without faith, or faith without works, which is dead, or love which cannot read what is written, or reading, cannot understand that what it says, is to
be done, but thinks of it as a pleasant piping for aural taste.
Love, says Paul ( I Cor. 13) rejoices in the truth. It does not try to substitute for it. Man, as Christ told the devil (Matthew 4) SHALL live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God, every unit of expression. There are no exemptions from the truth, no lassitudes and no other gods to try their wares (cf. II Cor. 4:1ff).
There is NO sound doctrine without love; as Biblically, there is not what is to be called love, without obedience to the word of God: obedience, not as perfect, free of sin, nor yet as compromising, but with the reality of heartfelt and burning conviction, and allegiance.
Similarly, there is reason for the faith, so that we are concerned with the …
8) evidence of reason, its attestation to the faith (I Peter 3:21, Romans 1:18ff., II Cor. 10:5ff., Jeremiah 23:28-32), which in its place, is one of the order of complete and perfect demonstration. This matters when slithery, slippery pavements of mountebanks are being constructed as if slime were the chief ingredient. It is given in this volume, the 20th in our Christian Apologetic Series, In Praise of Christ Jesus, for the strengthening of things that remain (Rev. 3:2), the raising up of a banner for the truth - Isaiah 59:19) in the strength that the Lord graciously gives, for the support of the saints, and the testimony that in fact God IS the truth and His word has all that one should hope from that fact, like nothing else.
This, being His, like Himself, being the One who He is, the I am of eternity, is greatly to be magnified.
In this volume, various recent developments are considered, and while it will contain much that is news, it will not be limited to this, but concentrate on the basic news, that the Creator, Christ, is soon to appear, and what is to be done about it, in zestful labour for His name, in the meantime (cf. Matthew 25:45ff.): not as if to earn, by zeal, the rest in His love (cf. the Christian beauty and felicity of life in Zephaniah 3:12-13,16-17, Isaiah 26:1ff., 40:26ff.), but to have sure and safe outlet for it, BECAUSE of His wonderful security to faith, which nothing can break, for NONE of His CAN perish, ever (John 10:9, 27-28, Romans 8:29ff.).
Robert E. Donaldson ,
Valley View, South